Monday, January 19, 2009

Skiing in Missouri

The day after Christmas we took my sister to Snow Creek... I would have never thought you could ski in Missouri!  It is mostly man-made snow although on occasion it gets a fresh dusting... this particular day was very odd as we had a freak 'heat' spell.  It was 60 degrees out after being in the teens for weeks.  So we didn't have to deal with complaining kids... a plus!  The snow conditions were not the best, however, but fun was had by all...

Leo just sledded all day... he is patiently waiting until he can snowboard with dad.  Emma likes the skis just like mom.  She is great!  No fear and no complaining... I was really proud of her.  At one point, I underestimated the steepness on one of the runs.  But we were already up and there was no other way down.  We were both a little scared.  I wasn't scared of the skiing part since I can do intermediate runs... but I was terrified of how to get a 7 year old down!  What does Emma do?  point her skis straight down, sits on her butt, and flies all the way down with a big grin on her face!  LOVE IT!

Paula mastered the bunny hill... then moved on to sledding with Leo, she was a trooper too!  It is a scary thing to learn how to ski as an adult (I only learned 10 years ago and that was scary as well).  So Kudos to you PK!








No comments: