Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Guten tag! Hello from Germany

Well... we made it!  I will post pictures from our long journey a bit later... but for now, we are safe at Ramstein Air Base in Germany.  The journey here was pretty smooth and uneventful... it is only since we have landed that we have felt the pinch.  I will give more gory details once I can get a little more computer time... now it is a quick 'here ya go!'

You are not allowed to drive until you pass the driver's test, which we don't take until Thursday, so we have walked ALOT and had to beg some rides here and there.  We also do not have access to a phone (unless we pay $2 a minute) right now nor do we have internet unless I walk the mile to the library (which is where I am right as I write this) so it is a very odd feeling to be so out of touch and without mobility.  It sort of puts our very easy American life in perspective I guess.  We just never know how readily we come to rely on this stuff!

The kids are now registered in school and will start tomorrow and once we get our driver's license and find a car we can start looking for a place to live.  The housing office was pretty dismal with not many places to look at because we are out of cycle, but I am determined to remain upbeat and positive!  So... it is off to pizza across the street from the library... ONE DAY I WILL ACTUALLY GET SOME GERMAN FOOD!

We love you and miss you already!  Check back in a few days!

the German crowd...

No comments: