Monday, March 2, 2009

Lechtinberg Castle

Our First Castle...  Germany is filled with Castles, this one is only abut 25 minutes away from us and was built around 1200.  It doesn't have that sordid of a history, apparently is was used mostly as a Duke's office building!  But it was cool crawling around the ruins.  The kids really enjoyed it.

Burg is the German word for Castle.  So all the castles start with the term 'Berg'... just a little trivia for ya!

I was trying to get the picturesque town in the background but my lighting wasn't working I guess...


My little explorers!  Leo Michael wanted to climb on or through everything.  I am sure with most of the more popular castles, there are rules, but this one seemed to be "just do what you want", there were no real regulations.  In fact, several German children were riding their bikes all over the place and there were live in apartments built into the side of the castle.  I guess it is just another building!

No comments: