Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our house before furniture... and an incident...

Well, here is some inside pictures of our house before we got the furniture in... I will post more once we get it more settled...

This is our foyer right as you walk in the front door.  The door to the right is our office/craft/kids TV room...  the door to the left is the living room.
Here is our kitchen which is connected to the living room.
and the living room.  We have two huge windows (you can see one of them on the left) and the double doors leading out to the back yard!  As you can see, the living room is a lovely (sort of) shade of peach which we are powerless to change, but we will work around it!
And now for the 'incident'.  As you can see, Leo Michael is missing a tooth!  I would like to be able to say that it happened naturally, but as we were walking out the door to go to church, a 'friendly' game of tag (or something like that) got out of hand and ended up with Leo's face hitting the mail box... I was upstairs when I heard a volley of "I am sorry Leo!!!!!" and "uh oh, there's blood... MOMMY!!!!!!!"  I ran down the stairs and saw little blood so I wasn't too concerned until I saw that a tooth was missing.  Panic set in and only when the kids saw me a little stressed out did the tears come.  I was freaked out because I thought it was a permanent tooth.  OF COURSE this happened on a Sunday afternoon during Spring Break.  OF COURSE!  So, after fishing the tooth out of the mailbox and dunking it in a glass of milk, we had to make an emergency call to the on-call Dentist to get it checked out.  

The tooth was thankfully a baby one (Leo has two permanent lower teeth but in my sort-of-panic I couldn't remember which teeth he had already lost and which he had not... not to mention the tooth lost was HUGE and looked nothing like  any of the teeth Emma had ever lost... which added a bit to the sort-of-panic).  The surrounding teeth were also knocked a bit loose so we are waiting to see if they were damaged as well.  The x-ray showed what appeared to be no damage to the permanent teeth, but again, we are going to have to watch it and hope for the best.  

Leo Michael of course is having to live on soup and scrambled eggs for the next few weeks but other than that, shows absolutely zero signs that the trauma has bothered him in the least bit.  Like I said, he didn't even cry until I sort-of-panicked!  Well, we still made it to church, albeit 15 minutes late... thank God for the VERY LONG Palm Sunday Service!  :-)

The dentist requested that we keep Leo from any major activity for the next week or so... yeah right!  They should have issued us a strait jacket or put him in a body cast if they wanted that!!!

What am I going to do with this kid!!!  Love him!

Tomorrow we are off to the Czech Republic for Spring Break!  It is a 5 hour drive away... can you believe that?  We are going with some friends for 4 days.  I will post pictures soon!

Love us!


No comments: