Thursday, August 7, 2008

The 15th Anniversary of my 21st Birthday






Well!  I got a new camera for my birthday... we couldn't wait long because little Mr. Man Leo starts kindergarten and Emma starts 2nd grade on Monday... so my b-day was a good excuse to buy a camera.
Russ really surprised me!  We were just going to have a sitter and go out to dinner, nothing fancy.  He arranged the sitter and everything, the only thing he would tell me is "wear a sun dress".  So we get to the restaurant (more on that later) and as the hostess is leading us past all of the two-person tables, I keep thinking where is she taking us!  I am not paying attention at all just wondering where we are going when she brings us to this long table with 10 of our closest friends!  Russ had totally surprised me... and then of course our friends delight in telling me all of the funny things they had to do or say in order to keep the surprise.  It was very sweet.

Now for the restaurant... we went to this Brazilian place, where initially you go to a buffet area and load up on salads and side dishes etc.  Then they give you a disc and one side is green and one side yellow.  When you are ready, you turn the yellow side up and they just start bringing these spits of meat around and carve it right onto your plate.  Sirloin, different types of beef prepared in all sorts of ways, turkey, chicken, veal, lamb, fish, pork...  they must have come by 30 times.  You just said, "Sure cut me off some of that one... more please..."  I know I ate an entire cow!  At one point I was just done and turned my little disc over to the 'stop.. no more side' when the guy comes around with a steak stuffed with... CHEESE!  no way!  So I had to turn my little disc back over and try some of that...  ugh!  It was so yummy!

Well, we had a wonderful night ... but Russ still owes me a date night just me and him  :-)

Check back on Monday for pictures from the first day of school!

No comments: