Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Fun Weekend





So it was our BFF's (code word for "the closest friends we hang out with the most at Fort Leavenworth") daughter's birthday.  The party started at 2 and involved a large water slide...  The party (for the adults anyway) ended at 11:30 in the evening!  Fun was had by all.  

Leo was a crack-up, after downing the pinata, he started hacking at it while it was on the ground with this crazy laugh!  Silly boy!

School is going great.  We are into the second week and the kiddos have adjusted really well.  Emma started piano lessons (she begged for them, it was not my idea) and has practiced almost every day at our neighbor's piano.  she loves it and wishes she had lessons every day.  I am not making this up!  I had always wanted lessons, but never really had the opportunity,  but Emma is eating them up.  She also starts Girl Scouts in 2 weeks... again her choice.  I did tell her that she had to do at least one physical activity and she chose soccer over dance this time.  

Leo Michael will also be starting soccer in September, he can't do Cub Scouts until he has completed Kindergarten and has zero desire for piano... so just soccer (and daily neighborhood Jedi Light Sabre battles) for now...  

I am training to run the Army Ten Miler... yes I know... that is Ten miles... I am scared.  But so far I have managed to go 7 miles so only 3 more to add on.  A group of girl friends are training together and we will all fly out and run it.  It is in Washington DC in October and you run from Monument to Monument... I am very excited!

more soon...


No comments: