Friday, August 22, 2008

The Bus

OK, I am not one to make excuses for my kids.  If they behave badly, there are consequences.  I try to be consistent with my discipline and if someone else needs to reprimand my kid (within reason) I am okay with that.  But I am NOT okay with the bus driver yelling at my kid and then yelling at me because of my kid.  Here is the story:

Said bus-driver would not let Leo, Gabriel and Owen (friends of Leo) off the bus until 'the parents' walked over to see what was going on.  Leo and Gabriel are both sobbing and she is yelling at them telling them they will never ever sit together on the bus again.  Their crime?  Star Wars play punching and bouncing up and down on the seat.  Okay, I get it.  She wanted them to stop.  They didn't stop after being asked three times.  I understand her frustration... been there.
(Please keep in mind that the bus ride is less than 1 mile... no stops... takes all of 4 minutes... she must really be high strung).

Will Leo get in trouble and have consequences?  Absolutely.  BUT!  The bus driver's behavior was completely inappropriate.  She was livid and kept saying, "I will not put up with this anymore"...  yelling at us!  With a mean face!  So the other mom said "So how long has this been going on?"

The Bus Driver said "2 weeks".  EXCUSE ME?  You have been dealing with something for 2 weeks, never tell us about it... until of course you blow your lid and scare the crap out of 3 little boys and then turn your anger on me???????  Leo was crying so hard he couldn't breathe!!!
How in the heck can I fix a problem that I have no idea is going on?  How can you sit there and let your anger build up so much and that you behave that way... when a simple "by the way... this is what you need to work with Leo on...", 2 weeks ago!!!!  would have worked.  
COMMUNICATION PEOPLE!  Seriously!  

Again, I am not excusing his behavior, but she handled it so inappropriately.  I was quite ticked off... of course because all of my perfect replies came to me right as the bus drove off... I had to just put it on my site...   do ya'll still read this?  :-)

1 comment:

Paula said...

Yes, I still read it; and give Leo a hug and kiss from his Nanny. Tell him she'll buy him a happy :-)